Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Identifying the Symptoms and the Disease

As you already know, I’ve been writing a series of posts on encountering the Word of God. This dynamic encounter not only changes your life, but it also changes the direction of the culture and the world. Thus I would say that the Word of God, that is, Jesus Christ, is the answer to all our questions (By the way, asking questions is a quest. I tend define life as the quest to find something worth dying for. Now if Jesus is the answer to all our questions, He thus gives meaning to life and worth to death). Jesus is the antidote to our problems.

But, as most of my friends will tell you, I have a tendency to jump the gun a bit! I really should put us in reverse and mention the fact that: 1) there is a problem and 2) there is a cause to the problem. There’s an illness lurking about. First we must understand the symptoms and dig our way to discovering the illness – only then can we address the cure, that is, the Word of God.

Stay tuned!

No comments: