Saturday, December 29, 2007

Go Christina!

So a good friend of mine, Christina Carpenter (a great Catholic, awesome swimmer, and soon-to-be grad from Franciscan University in Steubie!), spent 17 days in Uganda and wanted to do something to help their mass numbers of poor. So it was quite natural for her to raise money via a 20-mile swimathon! I'm very pleased to say that she raised over $20,000 and made it through each and every mile!

Here's a bit from the paper coverage of her swim:

"'My mom had to feed me coleslaw," [Christina] said after the event. "It was too hard to raise my arms.' ...Friends and family members at the event weren't surprised that Carpenter had taken on such a lofty project. 'She's always been the type of person that is willing to help others,' high school friend April Bauer said."

I totally agree with April!


Read the story here!

No comments: