Thursday, November 20, 2008

Where I’ve Lived

Okay my wonderful students out there who have heard me talk about the many places I’ve lived. Here is the definitive edition of my familial travels:

  1. Born in Minneapolis, Minnesota (October 14, 1983)
  2. Lived around the Twin Cities
  3. Moved to Faribault (and accidentally killed my rabbit there; as you know, great story)
  4. Went back to the Twin Cities
  5. Moved back to Faribault (went to CCS where my teacher did NOT like me… if she could only see me now)
  6. Went from Faribault to Wisconsin (and lived right by the Dominican nuns who ran Bethlehem Academy)
  7. Hopped across the Mississippi River (which was originally named the River of the Immaculate Conception by the French) to the Dubuque, Iowa area (lived ten minutes from the Field of Dreams!)
  8. After eastern Iowa, I went across the state to West Bend (and played lots and lots of hide-and-go-seek in the Grotto of the Redemption – was it sacrilegious to hide in Jesus’ casket-tomb?)
  9. Next up, Kansas. (Let’s see, the high school was a little preppy-ish – its name was Shawnee Heights but was known as Scrawny Whites!)
  10. Alabama came next. (while I was there I accidentally caused 9/11, saw someone get run over by a semi, and nearly got myself killed on a couple occasions)
  11. And now, back to Minnesota. Home sweet home.

No comments: