Sunday, August 24, 2008

Meet the twenty-first century C.S. Lewis

Okay maybe he’s that in part because he’s a C.S. Lewis scholar. But his ideas are fresh and original. He is able to toss around ideas like a juggler tosses juggling-balls. His arguments are not only convincing, they lead the heart in the right direction as much as they lead the head.

His name is Peter Kreeft.

Not only does Dr. Kreeft teach philosophy as Boston College, he travels the world giving talks on a wide variety of topics – but many of them are on C.S. Lewis. I have to say, I’ve learned more about Lewis from Kreeft than any other writer I can think of (besides Lewis of course!). And Kreeft is an avid writer. His books literally changed the way I look at the world.

Moreover, Kreeft got me interested in philosophy by introducing it to me from a Christian worldview.

After reading and listening to Peter Kreeft (by the way, you can get dozens of his free lectures from
www.peterkreeft.com), I now have a better appreciation for Christianity and a newfound love of philosophy.

So stop what you’re doing, check him out, and be mindblown!

No comments: