Monday, March 10, 2008

Hilarious "Theatrical" Productions!

Here in Minnesota a recent law was passed which bans smoking in public facilities – including bars. Now I have to admit, the last bar I went to before the ban was really, really smoky. At the same time, I understand that it is a bar after all and people smoke there! But regardless of what I think, smoking was legally barred there (pardon the pun).

Or was it?

According to the law, smoking can be allowed in a public building if it is part of a theatrical production. So basically actors on stage can smoke as part of the play.

Desperate to get attendance at bars back up to its former levels, owners have encouraged its patrons to come dressed up in costume and do some “acting” in order for them to smoke. Funny. Original. I love it.

Of course, state lawmakers are moving to strike them down with a new law and a $10,000 fine.

Check out the story.

No comments: